Mission, Vision and Values Update
The term "Compassionate Service" is used in the Church to refer to
love-inspired assistance willingly given to meet physical, spiritual,
and emotional needs. It requires a sensitivity that perceives human
distress beyond spoken words (Luke 10:30-37), an eye that recognizes
the good in people, and an understanding heart attuned to the Holy
Spirit to discern what is appropriate to say and do (John 19:25-27).
- Christ Centered - "Jesus Christ is the head of our church and offers the only means of salvation for our world".
- Biblically Grounded - "The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the final authority in life and doctrine". "We look to apply God's Word and love to our daily lives".
- Family Orientated - "We provide encouraging and nurturing support for families and children".
- Building Relationships - "We value connecting people to Christ and to one another. People matter to God and therefore they matter to us".
- Compassionate Service - "Following the example of Christ we are called to spend our lives in humble service".
- Spiritual Growth - "We are devoted to growing Spiritually".
- Life Changing Worship - "We are faithful to worship, which glorifies, praises and honors God".
- Prayer Driven - "We are dedicated to pray for one another, our church, our community and our world through the guidance and power of the Holy Spirit".
- Faithful Stewardship - "We care for our environment, give of our time, use our spiritual gifts and share our financial resources to the glory of God, with honesty and integrity".
Scriptures alone, Christ alone, Grace alone.